Friday, April 11, 2008

Closing Thoughts From Pat Hughes to All Project Participants

Dear bloggers,

As the “Guerrilla Season” blog draws to a close, it’s now officially guerrilla season. The weather’s getting warm, trees and flowers are blossoming … and in Civil War Missouri, the guerrillas would be able to start hiding in the woods again.

I’ve really enjoyed doing the blog project with you all. From California to Illinois to, of course, Missouri, your comments and questions were insightful and thought-provoking, and a number of you seem wise beyond your years.

My primary goal as an author of historical fiction is to write a gripping story that happens to take place in the past. But I also hope you gained some new perspectives on the Civil War, and on guerrilla warfare’s horrifying effects on both individuals and communities.

If I missed your question, or if you just want to stay in touch, please don’t hesitate to contact me at
pathughesbooks@gmail.com It might take me a few days to respond, but I always personally answer all my email.

Have a wonderful spring and summer. I trust and pray your guerrilla season will be better than Matt’s, Jesse’s and Susie’s.

All best wishes,

Pat

No comments: